Healthy Blue offers an extensive library of training and continuing education opportunities. We will add presentations, videos, and other training documentation as they become available.
Training and Tutorials
- Dental Outpatient Hospital and Ambulatory Surgical Center Billing Guide
- CCBHO Billing Guide
- Follow-Up After Hospitalization (FUH) Collaboration Initiative
- Hospice Billing Guide
- OB Educational Flyer
- Home Health Billing Guide
- Healthy Rewards Program
- Health-related social needs overview
- Using Z-diagnosis codes as referral to GroundGame Health
- GroundGame Health network provider overview
- Ambulance Billing Guide
- Interactive Care Reviewer benefits
- Availity Portal Training
- RHC Billing Guide
- Healthy Blue Provider Orientation
- OB Billing and Maternity Guide
- Authorization Inquiries Reference Guide
- Health-related social needs initiative with GroundGame Health and the provider referral process
- Interactive Care Reviewer (ICR) FAQ
- Durable medical equipment (DME) billing guide
- SBIRT Provider Training and Education
Schedules and Registration
- Healthy Blue CCBHO Provider Specialty Training
- Healthy Blue Department Roles and Responsibilities Training
- Healthy Blue Behavioral Health Provider Specialty Training
- Healthy Blue PT/OT/ST Provider Specialty Training
- Healthy Blue FQHC Specialty Training
- Healthy Blue DME Provider Specialty Training
- Healthy Blue Hospice Provider Specialty Training
- Healthy Blue Skilled Nursing Provider Specialty Training
- Healthy Blue RHC Specialty Training
- Healthy Blue Ask the Expert Training
- What's New with Healthy Blue Training
- Healthy Blue Billing Best Practices Training
- Healthy Blue Provider Claims Submission Training
- Healthy Blue Chiropractor Specialty Training
- Healthy Blue OB Provider Specialty Training
- Healthy Blue Ambulance Provider Specialty Training
- Healthy Blue Home Health Provider Specialty Training
- Provider coding education
- Provider Education: The Importance of Dental Care
- Healthy Blue Sponsored Provider Munch & Learn
- Telehealth OS signup
- Healthy Blue Provider website training and refresher
Provider Pathways –Digital Provider Orientation is Here
Provider Pathways is a 24/7 educational resource that offers a foundation for doing business with Healthy Blue. It’s designed to be user friendly and gives you flexibility when scheduling training for yourself and your staff.
Learn about Availity
Many of the tools you need — eligibility and benefits inquiry, claims submission, claims status inquiry, and authorizations — can be accessed from your Availity* account. You can find instructions for locating and using these tools on the Learn about Availity page.
Screening, brief intervention, and referral to treatment (SBIRT)
Screening, brief intervention, and referral to treatment, commonly referred to as SBIRT, is an evidence based, comprehensive, integrated approach to the delivery of early intervention and treatment services to people with substance misuse and those at risk of developing disorders.
The goal of SBIRT is to reduce and prevent related health consequences, disease, accidents, and injuries. Risky substance use is a health issue that often goes undetected; providers can help by incorporating this evidence-based tool that is demonstrated to be valid and reliable in identifying individuals with problem use or at risk for a substance use disorder (SUD). For any further discussions regarding SBIRT, please contact your Provider Experience or Provider Relations consultant.
Carelon Medical Benefits Management resources
Online Training in Availity
Healthy Blue offers online training to assist you in caring for our members with consideration of their personal language needs, thoughts, customs, beliefs, and values.
All contracted health care providers with Healthy Blue should complete the online Cultural Competency Training.
Accessing training within Availity:
- Log in to Availity .
- From the Availity home page, select Payer Spaces from the top navigation.
- Select the Healthy Blue health plan from the Payer Spaces menu.
Please note: You must select the main Healthy Blue health plan, not the Medicaid space.
- Select Access Healthy Blue Learning and Development from the Resources tab.
- From the Healthy Blue Training Opportunities dashboard, search for Physician’s Cultural Competency course or navigate to it through the filters menu on the left side of the screen.
Provider Tools & Resources
- Log in to Availity
- Launch Provider Learning Hub Now
- Learn about Availity
- Precertification Lookup Tool
- Prior Authorization Requirements
- Claims Overview
- Eligibility Overview
- Provider Manual and Guides
- Provider Search Tool
- Training Academy
- Electronic Data Interchange (EDI)
- Quality of Care Incident Form